Helluva Week

Ah! It's been a crazy week. Lots of UPs and DOWNs! But things are good and I have NOTHING to complain about and EVERYTHING to be thankful for.


Mom and I settled on a place to live after much debate and discouragement. We were told by a realtor that basically we would have NO chance of getting approved on a lease application without adequate employment/income. We were really trying to avoid apartment living (for obvious reasons), but we realized that financially it was the best decision. And I knew that wherever we ended up, we would make it a "home" because we'd be together. SO....We will be living in a 2 bedroom apartment near Shoreline called "the hunt club." I knew it was nice because Ashley lives there, and I'd been several times and been impressed with the space/cost/community. Here are a few pictures of our place:

Living Room Area

Balcony

My Bathroom

Kitchen/Laundry Area


It'll definitely be a big adjustment, but I'm kind of looking forward to the change. Plus they have a fitness center, 2 pools, tennis courts, and more. I think Jazmyne will enjoy it too.


In other GREAT news, I will start working at Maggiano's Monday! I'm really excited. I definitely willed myself into that job. I'm going to be doing carry out during the week and hostessing on weekends. Matt (the manager) instantly loved me, and knew I would be great for it. There are bound to be some fun new friends! And I am excited to get to work with Elizabeth on weekends until she leaves in a month!


And speaking of Elizabeth, I love her so much. It's always amazing to have a best friend who you have SO much in common with, it's scary. We stayed up until 4:30am having deep convos about life, reminiscing, and talking about hope for the future. It reminded me of a night we had 8 years ago when we first became best friends, our first sleepover back in '02. She keeps me young! LOL. Anyway, she's amazing and will be successful in law school. I just hope she comes back when it's over! Or maybe before it's over! :(

And we have to lay down some tracks in the studio! I'm so excited to be able to explore my performing urges in other genres besides opera. I feel so liberated, like I'm no longer in a box. Opera was never my first love. I just spent so much time working at it that I excelled - but I'd really like to do some contemporary and quazi musical theater type stuff. Singing and teaching is going to be so amazing. I know that by continuing to perform, it will help me better relate to my students. Teenagers also have a lot of respect for people that are doing what they want to be. I'm excited to be busy again.

Also, Ashley and I went to my good ole friend Jake Raines' birthday show last Friday. It was so great seeing him after 5 years, but kind of a shame it'd been so long. He looks so different, in a good way.


I hope to be able to reconnect with a lot of old friends now that I'm back. I know I won't see people super often, but I want to reestablish some of those relationships.

Anyway, I'm happy. Time to go have a Saturday morning walk with mom. I've been doing so well. I'm -12 lbs! Keeping up the lifestyle change! :)

Peace and love. ♥


0 comments:



Post a Comment